We exist to train leaders for the Church. Ministerial formation includes all forms of spiritual leadership. The purpose of the program is to enable you to grow intellectually, morally, spiritually and practically as well as equipping you to develop spiritual gifts, practical skills and personal maturity required of your calling. Throughout the BD and BTh courses the following elements are provided, and post-graduate students will be advised individually about their participation:
- Leadership Development
- a regular discussion program about the life and work of a Christian leader for sharing experiences, providing mutual support and receiving mentoring from the Head of Ministerial Formation
- opportunities for personal reflection and assessment through time spent with the Head of Ministerial Formation and other staff with experience of ministry
- experience of the seminary community in fellowship, worship and service to God and each other
- opportunities to learn from experienced ministers and leaders
- times of retreat for personal reflection and prayer
Some of these courses are required as part of the academic program. Some of those which are for personal development are voluntary. If you are intending to, or are already in, spiritual leadership roles, you are strongly advised to participate in them as an essential part of preparation for ministry. The seminary reserves the right to make acceptance as a student conditional upon attending these programs if you intend to enter Christian ministry.